Paralegal & Legal Assistant
MlbpaNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/24/2023 3:50:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Paralegal & Legal Assistant jobs in New York-NY
Search all Paralegal & Legal Assistant postings
Full Time Job
Paralegal & Legal Assistant
The MLBPA is seeking to hire an individual to provide paralegal and legal assistant services to the Association's Legal Department. The paralegal/legal assistant will provide administrative and paralegal support to our inhouse staff attorneys in the Legal Department. This position offers the wonderful opportunity to serve as a liaison between the legal department and other departments within the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
This is a non-exhaustive list of areas in which our new hire will be expected to contribute:
- Assisting MLBPA attorneys and other Legal Department personnel in the administration and enforcement of the Association's various collectively bargained agreements.
- Assisting MLBPA attorneys in preparations for the filing, litigation, and settlement of Player grievances.
- Assisting MLBPA attorneys in the defense of Players subject to investigation and/or discipline by Clubs or Major League Baseball.
- Assisting MLBPA attorneys and other Legal Department personnel in preparations for collective bargaining, including the preparation, organization, and filing of reports, correspondence, presentation decks, and other similar documents.
- Assisting MLBPA attorneys and other Legal Department personnel in the administration of union elections, Executive Board meetings and other proceedings, and other matters conducted pursuant to the MLBPA's Constitution and By-Laws.
- Preparation, organization, and filing of correspondence sent and received by the Legal Department.
- Working with the MLBPA's outside vendor to facilitate travel arrangements for Legal Department personnel.
- Receiving and routing to appropriate Legal Department personnel calls and emails from Players, agents, Major League Baseball, other labor unions, governmental entities, and other outside entities.
- Assisting Legal Department personnel with the administration and enforcement of the MLBPA's Agent Regulations, including: the processing of certification applications, investigations, suspensions, terminations, and other regulatory actions taken by the MLBPA.
- Filing, organization of, and digitization of Legal Department files, including files related to: collective bargaining history, Grievance Arbitration, Agent Regulation Arbitration, and other similar matters.
- Collaborating with other MLBPA departments on governmental and regulatory filings (e.g., LM-2, LM-30).
- Providing on-site administrative assistance at MLBPA Player meetings, agent meetings, and other industry events (e.g., All Star Game, World Baseball Classic).
- Collaborate with Legal Department personnel and Information Technology staff to execute updates and improvements to the MLBPA's electronic filing and database systems.
- 1 years of prior paralegal/legal assistant experience
- Candidate must be organized, detail oriented, able to work independently and take initiative, and multi-task as needed
- Bi-lingual in Spanish strongly preferred
- Must be able to work a hybrid schedule at our New York Office
- Bachelor's degree required
Salary: Compensation commensurate with experience, $45,000 - $65,000
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.