Producer, General Business
MKGNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Producer, General Business jobs in New York-NY
Producer (General Business)
The Producer will work on a team dedicated to overseeing projects and managing client relationships. This person will work in close collaboration with the creative and design team to ideate, strategize and find solutions across disciplines. We're not just looking for people who can execute, we want people who are hungry, curious and who are passionate team players.
This person must be highly organized, self-motivated, and solution-oriented with strong client relationship and team management abilities. This person brings a wealth of information and excitement for the latest trends and technologies and can make thoughtful recommendations. Being flexible and adapting in real time to changing project and client demands is critical to success.
- Prepare and oversee project scope including goals, deliverables, detailed timelines and budgets across content, digital and experiential productions.
- Managing and executing events, projects, campaigns and partnerships on behalf of clients.
- Strong knowledge of existing technologies and resources to support projects ranging in scale across a variety of mediums.
- Manage and mentor members of the production team and contribute to the growth and education of the department at large.
- Planning and managing the execution of multi-channel projects that include live events, video production and social and digital driven initiatives.
- Scheduling, coordination and communication between team members across in-house departments (i.e. Creative, Design, Operations) as well as outside organizations/consultants/vendors.
- Working with all members of the assigned project team (including suppliers) to estimate costs and timing related to project research, strategy, design, implementation, measurement etc.
- Managing simultaneous projects in various stages of a project lifecycle.
- Coordinating operational/logistical needs for internal, external and client meetings and presentations.
- Creating and maintaining project documentation including: master project and deliverable timelines, production schedules, status reports, agendas, meeting notes, runs of show etc.
- Participation in brainstorms, team and client meetings and briefings.
- Researching, sourcing and securing vendors/partners/permits as well as negotiating contracts and pay terms (i.e. venues, AV, staging & lighting, scenic and fabrication, talent, hospitality, emerging technologies and artists/designers/engineers, staffing, digital and video producers etc.)
- Actively track project status and progress - set up meetings and send meeting follow-ups.
- Developing, managing and tracking event budgets.
- Working on-site to ensure the seamless execution of every event.
- Managing client needs and expectations.
- Building upon and strengthening tech client relationships.
The ideal candidate:
- Thrives and is successful in a fast paced environment.
- Is a self-starter - able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Has experience managing clients and expectations directly.
- Deliver quality work in a fast paced, high volume, agency environment.
- Is a proactive, thoughtful and strategic planner and thinker.
- Has excellent prioritization skills and the ability to change/shift focus with ease.
- Has experience working with, on behalf of and/or for clients in the spirits, travel, hospitality, sports and entertainment industries.
- Has experience preparing, explaining and managing detailed event budgets.
- Is passionate about what they do and loves to learn.
- Is excited by the opportunity to wear multiple hats.
- Has a broad network of contacts in the event production, video/digital, social, hospitality and entertainment industries/fields.
- A minimum of 5 years in production in experiential marketing/live events and an ability to independently manage medium to large projects.
- Client-facing role within agency environment.
- Project work that included live events, video and social tactics/executions.
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills.
- Has worked as a part of a client/project team.
- Budget management: Ability to create and manage complex project budgets.
- In-office and onsite event management experience.
- A proven track record of executing successful productions.
- Travel when required - we produce projects and events across the country and as a result some travel should be expected.
- Knowledge of G Suite.
- Flexibility, a smile and a love of dogs!
When applying, please include links to examples of your work and share your favorite digital experience, product, or site of late.