Associate Producer, Tech
MKGLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Associate Producer, Tech jobs in Los Angeles-CA
The Associate Producer will work on a team dedicated to overseeing projects and managing client relationships for one of the agency's tech clients. Client and project management/oversight are central to this position. This person must be organized, self-motivated, and able to think creatively and quickly, and must be able to approach unique problems in new ways. The ability to work as part of a team is also critical for this position.
- Managing and executing events, projects, campaigns and partnerships on behalf of tech clients.
- Planning and managing the execution of multi-channel projects that include live events, video production and social and digital driven initiatives.
- Scheduling, coordination and communication between team members across in-house departments (i.e. Creative, Design, Operations) as well as outside organizations/consultants/vendors.
- Working with all members of the assigned project team (including suppliers) to estimate costs and timing related to project research, strategy, design, implementation, measurement etc.
- Managing simultaneous projects in various stages of a project lifecycle.
- Coordinating operational/logistical needs for internal, external and client meetings and presentations.
- Creating and maintaining project documentation including: master project and deliverable timelines, production schedules, status reports, agendas, meeting notes, runs of show etc.
- Participation in brainstorms, team and client meetings and briefings.
- Researching, sourcing and securing vendors/partners/permits as well as negotiating contracts and pay terms (i.e. venues, AV, staging & lighting, scenic and fabrication, talent, hospitality, emerging technologies and artists/designers/engineers, staffing, digital and video producers etc.)
- Actively track project status and progress - set up meetings and send meeting follow-ups.
- Developing, managing and tracking event budgets.
- Working on-site to ensure the seamless execution of every event.
- Travel when required - we produce projects and events across the country and as a result some travel should be expected
- Managing tech client needs and expectations.
- Building upon and strengthening tech client relationships.
The ideal candidate:
- Thrives and is successful in a fast paced environment.
- Is a self-starter - able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Has experience managing clients and expectations directly.
- Is a proactive, thoughtful and strategic planner and thinker.
- Has excellent prioritization skills and the ability to change/shift focus with ease.
- Has experience working with, on behalf of and/or for clients in the travel, hospitality, sports and entertainment industries.
- Has experience preparing, explaining and managing detailed event budgets.
- Gets excited about the tech world and has interest in the tech industry.
- Is passionate about what they do and loves to learn.
- Is excited by the opportunity to wear multiple hats.
- Has a broad network of contacts in the event production, video/digital, social, hospitality and entertainment industries/fields.
- A minimum of 3 years in production in experiential marketing/live events and an ability to independently manage small to medium sized projects.
- Client-facing role within agency environment.
- Project work that included live events, video and social tactics/executions.
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills.
- Has worked as a part of a client/project team.
- Budget management: Ability to create and manage complex project budgets.
- In-office and onsite event management experience.
- A proven track record of executing successful productions.
- Flexibility, a smile and a love of dogs!
When applying, please include links to examples of your work and share your favorite digital experience, product, or site of late.