Director - Production Finance
MiramaxLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/13/2020 9:09:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Search for Director - Production Finance jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Director - Production Finance postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director - Production Finance? Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with VP of Production, Finance team, and freelance Line Producers, Production Managers and Production Accountants to deliver Film/Television content on schedule and on budget.
• Maintain, improve and develop domestic and international location budget templates, focusing on automation/global settings, for features (all tier thresholds), pilots and television series.
• Provide financial analysis, projections and general support for projects in development and pre-production, including location research, budget review, green-lighting due diligence, payroll and accounts payable.
• Liaise with parent company tax department and internal Finance team to understand the impact of domestic/international legislative changes on production operations from a tax, compliance and strategic perspective.
• Research, develop, test and implement Production Accounting policies, procedures and workflow solutions.
• Supervise Production Accountants and Production Service companies to ensure MMX production finance procedures are followed.
• Works with internal Finance in reconciling project cost data stored in offline production accounting databases to project funding recorded in SAP.
• Design and maintain consolidated Production and Development Status Reports for Executives.
• Research, develop, design and maintain a Development cost tracking database, integrating actualized spend data from SAP and detailed deal point information.
• Develop relationships with Film Commissioners, CPA audit firms, Accountants, Producers and Payroll Companies to build resources and networks from which to poll industry information to ensure finance processes are current, reasonable and timely.
• Monitor productions to ensure proper guild/union accounting (e.g. Production Accounting teams project/remit the appropriate labor rates, overtime, vacation & holiday pay and pension health & welfare contributions) and supervise guild/union plan audits and resolve inquiries.
• Provide guidance on payroll tax and labor issues in domestic and international production environments.
• Manage production incentive workflow including but not limited to qualified expense tracking, applications, audits, sale of tax credits and monetization.
• Design and manage production currency exchange and hedging workflow with MMX Finance.
• Work with discretion as to details on assignments of a varied nature.
• Properly reflect production cost information on corporate/Tax deliverables, Ultimates and other internal deliverables.
• Provides technical opinion on accounting matters to production management.
• Perform ad hoc financial analyses and miscellaneous projects as needed.
• 7 years working as a key production accountant on location and/or Director of Production at the studio level.
• Prior public accounting experience preferred.
• Thorough understanding of complex financing aspects for a variety of co-production deal structures (features & television), deficit calculations, network/studio breakage, and tax credit estimates.
• Expert proficiency in Excel, Access, Production Accounting software (e.g., SmartAccounting, PSL , Global Vista, etc.) and Movie Magic Budgeting.
• Experience with SAP or other Enterprise Resource Planning Software is a plus.
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate strong analytical skills and work well under pressure.
• Pragmatic, highly organized and high attention to detail.
• Open and direct communication style, good listening skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly motivated, seasoned and self-assured.
Miramax is a global film and television studio best known for its award-winning and original content. Please visit our 'About'? page for more information about Miramax. Miramax Film NY LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Miramax does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Miramax also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.