Paid Intern - Social Media
Minnesota TwinsMinneapolis, MN
Part Time Paid Internship
The Twins marketing department is looking for an intern to help enhance content across all Twins social media platforms. The Social Media intern will support the Social Media Coordinator. This role will assist efforts related to social media by collaborating with the brand marketing, content and communications team to create, produce, track, analyze and report on content for Twins platforms. The ideal candidate should be a creative storyteller with a passion for digital content, social media, and baseball. This role will not only be tasked with creating and writing content for various platforms, but will also have the opportunity to expand their knowledge on analytics, influencer marketing and brand communication. Additionally, this position will directly speak to Twins fans across social media platforms by assisting with community management efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Support the production of social content through capturing photos, creating videos for, but not limited to, stories platforms, TikTok and Twitter.
• Work closely with the Social Media Coordinator on regularly tracking and reporting analytics.
• Ability to stay on top of current trends across social media platforms and pop culture and integrate them into Twins content.
• Assist in the daily management of Twins social media accounts specifically related to game days.
• Collaborate closely with the brand marketing team to help create content that speaks with tone and voice of the Twins brand.
• Assist in the management, tracking and distributing of influencer materials.
• Support Social Media Coordinator in responding to fans comments, messages, and community management in general.
• Contribute to organic and sponsored content ideation.
• Assist the Marketing Department with other projects as assigned.
Required Experience and Education:
• Working knowledge of graphic, motion design, photography, and video editing/production.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud - specifically Photoshop, Lightroom and Premiere.
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of understanding how all social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and Snapchat) and their communities work.
• Working knowledge of social media reporting and analytics.
• Working knowledge of platform moderation.
• Strong passion for social media, digital content, and current trends.
• Creative and a desire to think outside the box.
• Baseball knowledge is preferred, but not required.
Time Commitment: January 2024 - November 2024.
Hours: 40 hours/week.
Pay Rate: $17/hour; Relocation/Housing assistance available up to $2,500.
Are you excited about the role but don't meet every single requirement? We encourage you to apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job if they don't meet every qualification. At the Minnesota Twins, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.