Paid Intern - Community Engagement, Diversity & Inclusion
Minnesota TwinsMinneapolis, MN
Part Time Paid Internship
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Assist with developing strategies and implementing programming to help achieve the Club's diversity and inclusion objectives.
• Plan DEI events and activations.
• Assist with diversity-related communications and marketing.
• Compile information, measure department performance, and manage database to produce up-to-date reporting.
• Support the Community Engagement department with game day activations, diversity and inclusion goals and events, special events, Twins Community Fund events, family relations and other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Education:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interact professionally with current players, alumni, and all people regardless of culture or background.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
• Ability to work extended hours, weekends, holidays, and/or all home games as needed.
• Multi-lingual: Speaks another language other than English is preferred.
• Passionate for volunteerism and community development is preferred.
• Intercultural Competence and Communication is preferred.
• Valid driver's license is preferred.
• Ability to lift items weighing as much as 35 pounds.
Time Commitment: January 2024 - October 2024.
Hours: 40 hours/week.
Pay Rate: $17/hour; Relocation/Housing assistance available up to $2,500.
Are you excited about the role but don't meet every single requirement? We encourage you to apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job if they don't meet every qualification. At the Minnesota Twins, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.