Paid Intern - Broadcast
Minnesota TwinsMinneapolis, MN
Part Time Paid Internship
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Assist in overall production for the Twins Audio Broadcasts.
• Production includes both live and pre-taped broadcasts that are either disseminated across the Twins Radio Network or on Social Media Channels.
• Research statistics and ideas to help generate storylines to be used in the broadcast.
• Conduct interviews with on-field personnel as well as members of the organization and throughout the community.
• Write informative and entertaining scripts around those interviews to create full segments.
• Craft commercial copy for Twins partners that allows them to reach listeners in an effective manner.
• Track highlights and storylines from the rest of Major League Baseball and create brief features of those stories within the broadcast.
Required Experience and Education:
• College student or recent college graduate.
• Must have strong journalism and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
• Ability to interact professionally with current players and alumni.
• Experience with non-linear editing software is preferred.
• Experience producing broadcasts or podcasts preferred.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends.
• Must be able to lift 35 pounds as needed.
Time Commitment: January 2024 - October 2024.
Hours: 40 hours/week.
Pay Rate: $17/hour; Relocation/Housing assistance available up to $2,500.
Are you excited about the role but don't meet every single requirement? We encourage you to apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job if they don't meet every qualification. At the Minnesota Twins, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.