Fan Experience Assistant
Minnesota TimberwolvesMinneapolis, MN
Full Time Job
Job Title: Wolves Assist
Department: Fan Experience
Reports to: Fan Experience VP and Director
Date Modified: 8/7/2017
Position Summary/Objective: Individuals in this position will be responsible to welcome, greet, direct and provide answers for our game nights guests as they arrive to Target Center. They will also assist with in-game direction in regard to our Venue Next App.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
• Engage guests with energy and enthusiasm throughout their experience.
• Welcome and direct fans at our primary arena entrances and access points, as well as specific points within the arena and inner concourse.
• Answer any questions from guests as they enter the building and navigate the arena.
• Assist Action Pack, Ushers and Security by greeting guests, and using creative problem solving to resolve issues quickly such as, ticketing and with the Venue Next App.
• Work with other team members at the resolution centers to diagnose and solve more complicated ticketing issues.
• Help ensure guests' flash seat accounts are set up correctly to avoid any future complications.
• Continually enhance positive guest experiences with ticketing and the Venue Next App.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
• Strong verbal communication skills required.
• Knowledge and experience working with laptops and mobile devices required.
• Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to work well on a team and independently.
• Ability to engage well with others.
• Ability to respond to any situation quickly and professionally.
Experience: Previous customer service or hostess experience is preferred.
Pursuit of Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: None required.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibility
This job operates during Timberwolves and Lynx home games. Work is active and energetic in nature. The position operates out of a sports arena. The working environment is favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by dust, etc. The noise level is loud during events. During events work is generally performed on the main court, around the concourse and bleachers/steps, as well as in the open skyway/arena walkway.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others in person. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other mobile equipment, such as cell phones or other mobile devices. The employee may remain in stationary position for periods of time and is frequently required to ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the arena. Staff may assist with transporting equipment each game night weighing up to 20 pounds.
Position will not require travel.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.
We participate in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot prove this, we will give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) to resolve the issue before any action might be taken against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
• Are you comfortable working for $11.25/hour?
• Are you able to commit to working part-time hours for the entire length of the Timberwolves season (October-April)?