Animation and Feature Producer
Minnesota TimberwolvesMinneapolis, MN
Full Time Job
Job Title: Animation & Feature Producer
Department: Live Programming & Entertainment
Reports to: Executive Producer
Position Type: Full Time/Regular/Exempt
Date Modified: 11/30/2018
Position Summary/Objective: This position serves as a visual effects animator and feature producer for the live video experience at Timberwolves and Lynx game nights and events. This position will integratelive-action footage, graphics, text, and sound to create dynamic graphic animations and entertainment features.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
1. Produce and create graphic animations and entertainment features for the Videoboard and Digital Signage systems for all Timberwolves and Lynx Home Games.
2. Oversee process and creation of dynamic motion graphics animations.
3. Produce and create graphic elements to activate partnership initiatives, as well as utilize all aspects of Digital Signage to greatly enhance the theme of the event
4. Model, texturize, animate and render computer-generated graphics, particle effects, digital sets and backgrounds for use in digital signage production
5. Design and create graphic elements for use in other Wolves/Lynx in-arena events and presentations
6. Assist with occasional studio production shoots ensuring all production standards are met.
7. Generate accurate affidavit reports for departments various Digital Signage Systems.
8. Research and recommend software/hardware technology needed to design, develop and assemble motion graphics and animations
The above functions are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
1. Strong verbal and written communication skills strongly preferred.
2. Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) is required.
3. Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe After Effects is required.
4. Experience using Cinema 4D or related 3D animation software strongly preferred.
5. Background in live television or live event production preferred.
6. Ability to work nights, weekends and potentially holidays.
Experience: Minimum two (2) years of professional design/animation/editing experience strongly preferred.
Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibility
This job operates in a professional office environment. In addition to working office hours, staff may be required to occasionally work Timberwolves and Lynx home games and events. Work is both sedentary and active in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps and moderate noise levels.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the building both on event days and non-event days. Staff may occasionally move items weighing up to 30 pounds.
This position may require some travel.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.
We participate in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot prove this, we will give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) to resolve the issue before any action might be taken against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
• Please list your salary range preference.
• Please provide a link to your reel.