Payroll & Accounts Payable Specialist
Milwaukee BrewersMilwaukee, WI
This was removed by the employer on 9/13/2021 5:23:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Payroll & Accounts Payable Specialist jobs in Milwaukee-WI
Search all Payroll & Accounts Payable Specialist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Payroll & Accounts Payable Specialist?
Full Time Job
Responsible for providing Payroll and Accounts Payable administrative support to the Finance Department. All essential duties and responsibilities require great attention to detail and ability to carry out all duties in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Process all Brewers' and affiliated entities' hourly payrolls.
• Oversee the automated time and attendance systems, providing administrative and maintenance support as necessary.
• Work in coordination with the Human Resources department to provide assistance to ensure that all joint information requests (e.g. employment verifications, various surveys throughout the year, etc.) are completed in a timely basis
• Apply company policies and government regulations affecting payroll procedures. Notify supervisor and/or HR about policy questions or violations
• Assist with posting of invoices ensuring proper account coding and sales tax application for the Brewers and affiliated entities on an as needed basis.
• Research any past due notices and contact vendors for invoice copies, if necessary
• Open and distribute accounts payable mail to other departments.
• Assist with vendor maintenance, including obtaining tax forms, remittance and payment information, and general correspondence as necessary.
• Assist with AP and vendor reporting including assisting in annual audit, income tax return preparation, and assist with sales and use tax audit as necessary.
• Create annual DBP reporting and other ad hoc reporting requested.
• Maintain departmental supply inventory.
• Other duties, as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
• Ability to carry out all duties in a timely manner, while multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work in a team and multi-tasking environment.
• Strong organizational, oral, and written skills.
Two to three years related experience and/or Associate's degree related to business.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of ERP based accounting package and advanced Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency. Workday experience preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Business hours are Monday – Friday 9 am – 5pm, however, additional hours may be required on weekends, evenings and some holidays.