Paid Intern - Information Technology
Milwaukee BrewersMilwaukee, WI
Part Time Paid Internship
This paid internship will assist in all areas of technical operations for the Brewer's front office and Miller Park. The ideal candidate will be able to work 15 - 25 hours per week depending on department workload and class schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Work with IT staff to field basic trouble tickets and service requests
• Assist with support of desktop and laptop computers, telephones, and mobile devices
• Configure and distribute new desktop and laptop computers
• Assist with small application development projects and enhancements to existing applications
• Plan, design and implement special projects
• Prepare documentation related to IT policies and procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Student within three or four semesters of completing an accredited college IT program
• Desire to work with people in a demanding yet highly rewarding industry
• Familiarity with computers and mobile devices
• Experience with desktop applications especially Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong interpersonal and writing skills
• Detail oriented, organized and thorough
• Structured approach to problem solving and ability to document common processes and procedures
• Committed to going ''above and beyond'' to serve the customer
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. and handle physically challenging tasks
• Availability to work standard support hours (M-F, 9-5) along with occasional after-hours and weekend support
Student within three or four semesters of completing an accredited college Computer Science (CS) or Information Technology (IT) program ; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation.
The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Business hours are Monday – Friday 9 am – 5pm, however, additional hours may be required on weekends, evenings and some holidays.