Manager - Ticket Services & Sales
Milwaukee BrewersMilwaukee, WI
Full Time Job
Summary The Manager- Ticket Services & Sales, as directed by Senior Director – Ticket Services & Technology, is responsible for managing the Club’s in-house Phone Center as well as all single game ticket initiatives. Work with various departments on single game ticket opportunities and complete all promotional ticket tracking to determine the success of each program year to year. This position will serve as the primary contact with the Marketing Department and MLB for single game sales initiatives. This position will also collaborate with other Ticket Office managers by providing recommendations on optimizing sales and service efforts within the Phone Center and Ticket Windows.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Directly manage seasonal Phone Center staff- including hiring, training and coaching, scheduling, evaluating and administering a secret shop program. Work with Ticket Operations management staff collaboratively to ensure an overall rewarding workplace culture.
• Ensure all single game ticket initiatives are properly communicated to all staff members- utilizing the intranet, share drive and other collaborative tools to efficiently access information.
• Work directly with the Senior Manager- Ticket Operations to ensure all single game initiatives are set-up within the ticketing system, including testing set-up in all applicable internal user groups.
• Work with internal departments on various ticket voucher programs, transitioning programs to online voucher redemption system and identified patrons when possible.
• Provide comprehensive reporting on all single game ticket initiatives.
• Work with marketing on all promotional efforts of single game sales initiatives, as well as MLB on all brewers.com pages related to single-game sales.
• Manage Kids Crew sales, fulfillment and distribution process, serving the main point of contact on this project with the Marketing department.
• Provide support to Senior Manager- Ticket Services on Theme Nights, including ticketing system set-up and day-of-game redemption and activation efforts.
• On a rotational schedule, provide game day support as scheduled by Senior Director of Ticket Services & Technology.
• Provide technological, operational and services support for all company ticket related needs as directed by Senior Director, Ticket Technology & Services.
• Work flexible hours including game days, special events and ticket on-sales that occur on evenings, weekends and some holidays.
• Perform other functions and activities as directed by the Senior Director of Ticket Technology & Services.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university plus two or more years of marketing and/or ticket sales/service experience in the sports industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Business hours are Monday – Friday 9 am – 5pm, however, additional hours will be required on weekends, evenings and some holidays.