Manager - Social & Digital Content
Milwaukee BrewersMilwaukee, WI
This was removed by the employer on 3/28/2023 12:39:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Content Creator Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Manager - Social & Digital Content jobs in Milwaukee-WI
Search all Manager - Social & Digital Content postings
Full Time Job
Summary The Manager – Digital Content will assist with development and execution of content programming across Brewers digital channels to extend awareness of the Brewers and build affinity among fans and growth audiences alike. This person will be both a subject matter expert in tools and resources used in social media and other content-centric digital platforms, as well as being highly skilled at creating engaging content connected to the game of baseball.
As a member of the Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club marketing team, the Manager – Digital Content is responsible for the execution and delivery of compelling brand and baseball content with marketing campaigns across multiple digital touchpoints. This role requires a communication specialist who is adept at writing and editing content, implementing content plans and effectively managing content channels in collaboration with the Director – Digital Experience and the MBBC creative team.
include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible for timely and consistent implementation of content plans for Brewers digital platforms with a focus on audience growth and diversity.
• Partner with internal and external stakeholders to create content targeted to emerging consumer segments, introducing and strengthening the Brewers brand among outreach audiences.
• Manage execution of comprehensive and innovative content programs across all social platforms; integrate with other digital content platforms (website blog, podcast, eNewsletter, mobile app content) ensuring social and digital content marketing effectively addresses the organization’s goals for fan engagement and audience growth.
• Work closely with Major League Baseball to provide social media coverage for all games throughout the season including Spring Training and postseason. This includes photography, caption writing, posting, etc.
• Execute content connected to the players, fans and game of baseball that can be used in a variety of channels, with a primary responsibility for social media content.
• Effectively manage the Brewers brand expression via creative content and commentary across all Brewers content platforms including: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok and Brewers.com to increase affinity, engagement and drive traffic
• Monitor Search Engine Optimization (SEO), measure and report user engagement / performance of social and digital content and initiatives; assess against goals (ROI and KPIs) to suggest content optimization.
• Cultivate relevant social influencers, developing programs to engage and optimize the social community beyond established Brewers followers
• Maintain a detailed understanding of latest trends in social media, podcasts, blogs and other content platforms across all demographics and make recommendations consistent with industry best practices
• Monitor social conversations with social listening tools; engage with consumers on our branded social platforms when appropriate to increase brand affinity and positive sentiment
• Monitor fan reactions and provide assessments of sentiment trends with context to MBBC Senior Leadership and other stakeholders, as needed
• Manage content calendars for social, eNewsletter, podcast, website blog, and app.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Knowledge of the game of baseball is required with relevant experience in social media management
• Strong copywriting skills are a must
• Basic photography and video skills and experience highly desired
• Experience working with a creative team, providing insights for creative development process is required
• Some graphic design software skills required (Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign)
• Adaptability and ability to see the audience perspective, e.g. Brewers fan, is essential; understanding of diversity and multicultural audiences is preferred
• Fluency in Spanish preferred
• Adept at keyword research and SEO best practices
• Experience in website content management, blog writing, and/or podcast production
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and 5 -7 years related marketing or advertising experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PC competent with proficiency in Word and Excel. Working knowledge of various social networking sites and applications including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok, Tumblr, etc.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Business Office hours are 9 am - 5 pm however, this position will work additional hours frequently on weekends, evenings and holidays based on the needs of the department. Travel is required for this position to properly cover Spring Training and most regular season road games on social media. This position will travel roughly 25-30% of the time with the majority of travel being during the baseball season.