Manager - Business Communications
Milwaukee BrewersMilwaukee, WI
Full Time Job
The Manager – Business Communications, reporting to the Senior Director – Strategic Communications, is responsible for drafting and executing business communications as well as helping plan and execute select Media Relations/Communications special events. An additional area of responsibility will be managing the production and distribution of credentials to Media and Milwaukee Brewers staff.
Core duties for this role include, but are not limited to:
• Write media materials (news releases, media alerts) for non-baseball related activities for the organization. Key areas of focus for publicity will include ticket sales, promotions, corporate marketing, community relations/Brewers Community Foundation, ownership initiatives and facility operations
• Maintain communications calendar and plan upcoming announcements based on strategic timing
• Serve as a point of contact for media
• Assist in executing business-related press conferences and other media activities
• Assist in planning and execution of media/communications special events and projects. Examples include:
• Special Brewers Anniversary/Reunion/Honors activities
• Ribbon-cutting and groundbreaking ceremonies for special projects
• Brewers Walk of Fame
• Brewers Wall of Honor
• Negro Leagues and Cerveceros Tributes
• Other Media / Communications events, as assigned
• Assist with content creation, as assigned, for publications such as annual Yearbook and Alumni Newsletter
• Assist with day-of-game activities and pre-game events involving hosting of special guest(s)
• Execute annual and daily credentialing of media and Brewers staff for those who access restricted areas of American Family Field
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and 3-5 years of experience in Business Communications. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Special events experience preferred.
Business hours are Monday – Friday 9 am – 5pm, however, additional hours will be required on weekends, evenings and some holidays, including (but not limited to) home game days and special events.
The Brewers Communications Team leads all areas of communications for the Club. Working with an expert team, the Communications function uniquely touches all aspects of the Club from on-the-field activity to areas such as ticket sales, special events, retail, marketing, food & beverage and corporate marketing. This team is imperative to creating a consistent voice and brand for the Milwaukee Brewers.
You come here to make a difference. We are a purpose-led organization, focused on building an inclusive and engaging culture that fosters excellence, collaboration and ingenuity. We strive to be a model employer and cultivator of talent, empowering our teams to drive innovation through the inclusion of diverse thoughts, ideas and perspectives. We operate at the highest standard of excellence, investing in the development of our staff across all levels and embracing differences through a culture of respect and understanding.
We are proud to offer a highly competitive perks and benefits package including:
• Exceptional health and dental rates, and fully covered vision package
• 401(K) match and an additional annual contribution from the Club
• Unlimited vacation time
• Paid parental leave
• Collaborative recognition program and incentives
• Leadership development programming
• Online educational platform for personal and professional development
• Employee Resource Groups
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Year-round diversity, equity and inclusion training and development
• Brewers Home Game tickets, promotional giveaways and other discounts!
For more information about our Crew, other benefits and insight into our Club culture please visit our Careers Page.