Intern - Ticket Services
Milwaukee BrewersMilwaukee, WI
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Summary: The Ticket Services Intern will provide support for the Ticket Services department by assisting with various administrative and operational duties throughout the office, as directed by the Coordinator- Ticket Services & the Senior Manager-Ticket Services. This position will be provided with the opportunity to experience the daily functions of an MLB ticket operations department and support the ticket office management team in providing exceptional customer service as well as maximizing ticket sales and revenue opportunities. The internship will begin in March and typically lasts 12-16 weeks from the time of hire and may be extended based on need and performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Work closely with the Ticket Services staff to learn the process of selling individual game tickets utilizing our ProVenue ticketing system to process all ticket transactions.
• Assist in the processing, printing, and distribution of individual tickets.
• Printing and mailing daily ticket batches, based on playing schedule.
• Process ticket exchanges in accordance with the Brewers Season Seat Holder Exchange policy.
• Develop customer services skills by interacting with customers on a regular basis to help resolve ticketing questions and concerns through all of our various communication avenues including phone, email, and online chat.
• Provide administrative support, i.e. data entry, updating informational spreadsheets, filing, and general office work.
• Assist with editing and posting on the daily check-in board during the regular season.
• Aid in the preparation of the box office including outfitting supplies, signage placement, and other setup duties.
• Additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Qualified candidates must have exceptional communication, interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills so that they can provide excellent customer service, sell as many tickets as possible, and maximize ticket revenue opportunities
• Strong ability to thrive in a team environment
• Must possess the ability to multi-task and adjust to rapidly changing business conditions
• Must demonstrate a strong work ethic with an innate sense of urgency and tenacity
• Be available for the length of the internship
• Proficiency in typing
• Prior cash handling experience is also preferred but not required
Candidates must be currently enrolled or have recently graduated from an accredited college or university. Preferred candidate is pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Finance/Accounting, Communications, Sport Marketing/Administration, or Marketing.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have good knowledge of Microsoft office software specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer. Computerized ticketing experience and previous ticket office experience in general is preferred but not required.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Business hours are Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm in the off-season (October-February) and Monday – Friday 9 am – 7 pm during the season (March-September). Candidates are expected to work a minimum of 2 days per week for at least 16 hours per week but encouraged to work up to 30 hours per week, especially during the season. Must be flexible with working extended hours such as nights and weekends when necessary.