Intern - Human Resources
Milwaukee BrewersMilwaukee, WI
This was removed by the employer on 12/16/2022 10:39:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Human Resources jobs in Milwaukee-WI
Search all Intern - Human Resources postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Summary The Intern - Human Resources will directly assist the Human Resources Department with a wide range of projects related to employment, recordkeeping, recruitment, benefits, and HR compliance, among others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Monitor the Human Resource Department email inbox and respond to inquiries
• Support the completion and audits for form I-9
• Provide recruiting support by processing job postings, interview scheduling and onboarding
• Support the maintenance of accurate, up-to-date human resource information system (Workday) and records of transactions needed throughout the employee life cycle
• Assist with onboarding for new hires, promotions, and job changes within their assigned groups. Includes orientation, new hire paperwork, badge photo, and any additional support for the employee in their new role
• Research HR best practices such as employee recognition, organizational development, and the employee life cycle
• Support employee events and training sessions. Coordination includes room reservations, room set up, creating employee sign-ups, as well as sending invitations, sending reminders and additional set up as needed
• Respond to unemployment insurance notices
• Maintain supplies in Club breakrooms
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Current or recent enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Human Resources, or related field; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Business hours are Monday – Friday 9 am – 5pm, maximum of 30 hours per week.