Intern - Event Services
Milwaukee BrewersMilwaukee, WI
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Provides administrative support to the Stadium Operations and Event Services Departments from approximately March through October. This internship position is paid. Interns have the opportunity to receive college credit for the completion of this internship. Please note that you MUST live in the Milwaukee area for the duration of the internship in order to be considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist in the scheduling and attendance tracking of event staff (ushers, guest relations, parking security, field security and gate screeners) at American Family Field
• Manage the tracking of lost and found items by logging descriptions and providing photos through Crowdfind, and following up with guests to return items
• Assist with set-up for special events, concourse activations and tailgate coordination
• Assist with coordination of promotional distributions
• Gather, track and analyze game-day data through the use of Excel and 24/7 IMS, our incident management software
• Assist with tracking employee progress and distributing rewards based on the Event Services employee incentive program
• Conduct pre-game checklists of ballpark by ensuring all required equipment is in the appropriate locations
• Manage, track and fulfill Fan Pack requests on a biweekly basis
• Manage the printing and distribution of employee name badges
• Assist the Manager - Guest Services and Coordinator – Guest Services with management of guest feedback in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
• Perform lobby receptionist duties on an as-needed basis
• Assist Guest Experience Guides by escorting groups throughout pre-determined routes to pre-game guest experiences, Selig Experience, Bernie's Slide Experience and on-field viewing of batting practice
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Qualified candidates must have strong communication, analytical, and organizational skills
• Valid Driver License in good standing
• Superior customer service skills
• Strong demonstrated work ethic
• Ability to work in a team and multi-tasking environment
Candidates must be currently enrolled or a recent graduate from an accredited college or university pursuing a Business Administration, Communications, Sports Marketing/Administration, Event Planning, Facility Management, or other relevant degree.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation.
The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Candidates are expected to work a minimum of 4-6 days and/or 20-29 hours per week. Candidates must also be available to work home games when necessary.