Director-Psychological Services / Mental Skills / Eap Provider
Milwaukee BrewersMilwaukee, WI
This was removed by the employer on 12/10/2020 3:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Director-Psychological Services / Mental Skills / Eap Provider jobs in Milwaukee-WI
Search all Director-Psychological Services / Mental Skills / Eap Provider postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director-Psychological Services / Mental Skills / Eap Provider?
Full Time Job
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking ''apply now'' above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
Summary The Director of Psychological Services for the Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club has direct oversight of all licensed clinicians and manages all psychological services personnel. The Director is part of the leadership team in the medical umbrella/department and contributes to our performance enhancing sports psychology/mental skills training and clinical service strategic planning initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide mental health and sports psychology services to players and staff with the Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club (MBBC) on a short /long term basis, dependent on the level of care required.
• Identify athletes to improve their mindset and deal with psychological or emotional disorders/issues that may be impacting their performance, health and well-being.
• Develop and implement treatment plans and therapeutic processes for athletes and staff.
• Provide goals and action plans for players/staff to achieve personal, social and vocational development.
• Conduct research within the psychological department to aid in the overall player(s) development.
• Assess player/staff progress and modify treatment programs accordingly and disseminate to various upper level management of MBBC in a clear/concise manner with respect to confidentiality.
• Document therapy in accordance with MBBC policies, as well as the American Psychological Association guidelines.
• Develop and refer players and staff to outside treatment providers, as necessary.
• Provide seminars and presentations regarding mental health and sport psychology services to players, coaches and staff.
• Develops and maintains local (minor league affiliate) and various cities around the country for referral crisis management with athletes and staff members on an as needed basis.
• This position, in conjunction with the medical, player development and baseball operations will integrate the following to our athletes:
• Enhance performance
• Cope with pressures of competition
• Recover from injury
• Ensure compliance with services and treatment within the MLB system of standards and criteria. within MLB.
• Partner with Sr. Director-Medical Operations to develop a comprehensive mental sports performance plan/road map for the psychological services department.
• Identify and develop educational needs of coaches and managers as a basis of enhancing the mental skills of players.
• Develop and implement the integration of sport psychology into the player development system.
• Ability to direct and oversee other mental health staff members in accordance with MBBC policies and procedures to effectively provide psychological services to the MBBC organization.
Directly supervises full-time employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; overseeing building service partners, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Ability to work in a medical department environment and comply with all confidentiality requirements.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant current special education methodologies and techniques.
• Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements and standards.
• Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques.
• Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
• Ability to effectively communicate medical information, test results, diagnoses and/or proposed treatment in a manner easily understood by the player/staff member.
• Interviewing and psychological/developmental evaluation skills.
• Ability to evaluate the progress of therapeutic programs and to make individual modifications.
• Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
• Ability to assess mental status in clients and to develop individual treatment goals and plans.
• Knowledge of psychological test administration, scoring, and interpretation.
• Ability to maintain emotional stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies, and other stresses.
• Skill in preparing and maintaining patient records
Doctorate degree in psychology, sport psychology or a related field; and five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A certification/licensure to practice mental health, Wisconsin/Arizona is required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer. Knowledge of statistical programs in the social sciences is preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
Strong demonstrated work ethic with an innate sense of urgency, creative capacity, team concept and attitude, passion to succeed by excelling at sales and relationship building, professional demeanor and appearance.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Spanish speaking preferred
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability t