Coordinator - Psychological Services
Milwaukee BrewersMaryvale, AZ
Full Time Job
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking ''apply now'' above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
Provides both mental health and sport psychology services to minor league professional baseball players and staff of the Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club. The Coordinator will work with and in conjunction with the Assistant Director – Psychological Services. The Coordinator will have strong interpersonal skills, intellectual curiosity, and a working knowledge of experience of applying evidenced based methodology for improving mental performance on and off the field. The Coordinator will work within the medical umbrella to develop programs, program evaluations and interventions within the psychological services department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide mental health and sports psychology services to minor league professional baseball players and player development staff.
• Provide initial assessments and evaluations to determine recommendations for treatment with approval from the Assistant Director – Psychological Services.
• Provide perspective, guidance, and expertise to coaches about the individual player mental plans and interactions with players and coaches around those plans.
• Provide mental health and/or sports psychology services on short- and long-term care basis, dependent on the care required.
• Oversee the process of how individual player mental plans are designed, implemented, and evaluated, based on standards for assessment, plan activities, process evaluation checkpoints, and progress evaluation criteria.
• Facilitate the development, implementation, and integration of sport psychology programs into the player development system.
• Refer players and staff to outside treatment providers in partnership with Assistant Director - Psychological Services.
• Complete required and periodic reporting regarding services provided throughout the year.
• Work within larger system of standards and criteria to ensure overall compliance with services and treatment provided within MLB.
• Work with Assistant Director – Psychological Services and the Senior Director-Medical Operations along with the entire psychological services department to provide services and support on an on-call basis.
• Provide support and act as a resource for Minor league players and Milwaukee Brewers employees.
• Partner with rehabilitation services department for players returning to play following extensive physical rehabilitation.
• Design and develop program evaluation metrics for mental health performance, player development initiatives, and strategies for mental health evaluation for amateur and international scouting departments for minor league players.
• Identify educational needs of coaches and managers as a basis for enhancing the mental skills of players.
• Maintain referral networks for mental health at all Milwaukee Brewers Minor League affiliates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Ability to work in a medical department environment and comply with all confidentiality requirements
• Proven ability to effectively present on psychology related topics
• Participate in weekly supervision with Assistant Director Psychological Services and the Senior Director of Medical Operations.
• Ability to be on call
Master's degree (M.A.) in psychology, sport psychology or a related field; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's Degree minimum standard. Eligible to obtain a license in related field.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer. Knowledge of statistical programs in the social sciences is preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
Strong demonstrated work ethic with an innate sense of urgency, creative capacity, team concept and attitude, passion to succeed by excelling at sales and relationship building, professional demeanor and appearance.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Spanish speaking preferred
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Business hours are Monday – Friday 9 am – 5pm, however, additional hours may be required on weekends, evenings and some holidays. Required to attend Spring Training in its entity. Employee will be required to travel to the Dominican Republic as directed and needed.