Box Office Assistant
Milwaukee BrewersZebulon, NC
Full Time Job
The Box Office Assistant works closely with the Coordinator – Box Office to process ticket sale orders, provide customer service, and ensure all guests have a positive experience at Five County Stadium.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist the Coordinator – Box Office by processing advance ticket sale orders
• Work in the ticket booth assisting customers with the purchase of tickets as well as advance ticket sales (Will Call)
• Collect and report game day ticket totals
• Assist in scheduling and overseeing game day staff
• Distribute Mudcats information designed to help increase attendance at games and events
• Aid the overall efforts of the Mudcats in maximizing the collection and use of e-mail addresses and fan data with the goal of selling more tickets to games and events
• Log fan information and make outgoing calls when you have time to do so
• Answer phones at main desk for over-the-phone ticket sales, transfer calls, and answer questions
• Other duties as assigned by Coordinator – Box office and Manager – Ticket Package Sales
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Available to work all games and events for the entire season
• Outgoing personality
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Experience with customer service a plus
• Availability to work home games and office hours when the team is away
• Willingness to learn ticket sales
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
Familiarity with ETIX ticket system is preferred. Any Ticketing Software experience is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to speak Spanish is preferred, but not required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation.
The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Game day responsibilities may be loud.
Hours vary according to the game and event schedule. Candidates must be available to work all games and events throughout the entire season, which can include long hours for multiple days in a row.