Assistant Manager Spring Training Box Office
Milwaukee BrewersPhoenix, AZ
This was removed by the employer on 1/11/2023 2:01:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sales Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Assistant Manager Spring Training Box Office jobs in Phoenix-AZ
Search all Assistant Manager Spring Training Box Office postings
Full Time Job
Summary The Assistant Manager - Box Office will be a seasonal part-time position at the Phoenix facility, home for the Milwaukee Brewers Spring Training games. This individual will be responsible for any duties related to ticket-based fan experience during spring training and will report to the Director- Spring Training Business Operations and Community Engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Manage a group of 10-20 Ticket and box office staff
• Oversee training of Box Office employees for advanced and day of game box office sales
• Box office roles include, exchanges, will call, navigation of box office software, customer service and troubleshooting for third party ticket and ballpark application concerns and additional ticket representative duties
• Manage pocket schedule distribution and trades for in-kind donations
• Manage cash vault ensuring ending daily balance
• Assist with the management and promotion of Group and Suite Sales
• Provide customer service to fans based on questions and concerns presented
• Manage ticket sales and game day gate entry ticket scans
• Readily accesses, interprets and understands all journal account information on the ticketing system.
• Reconcile and create day of game sales reports to match deposit and banks daily
• Maintains current knowledge of account functions, discount codes, price types, payment codes, and problem solving or research-oriented commands in the ticketing system.
• Perform assigned tasks on day of game, which may be different than ticket office
• Lead pregame box office meetings to ensure staff is up to date with daily changes and promotions
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
in order to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Previous experience in customer service is preferred, but not required.
• Box office experience preferred
• Must have a friendly, courteous and tactful demeanor.
• Ability to work well with co-workers of all age levels and socioeconomic backgrounds and towards team goals
• A professional appearance and demeanor, dress code policy applies
• Problem solving, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
• Punctual and reliable attendance, ability to work all home games
• Strong ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment.
One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer. Experience with Tickets.com preferred but not required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Spanish speaking preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to  pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Hours vary according to the game and event schedule. Maximum of 30 hours per week.