Milwaukee Brewers, LpMilwaukee, WI
Full Time Job
Welcome, greet and provide ballpark and game-related information and assistance to guests of American Family Field, while providing them with exceptional customer service and hospitality. Operate switchboard to answer incoming calls and direct callers to the appropriate personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Answer incoming telephone calls, determine the purpose of the calls, and forward the calls to the appropriate personnel
• Provide exceptional customer service and assistance to all guests by answering appropriate questions about the Milwaukee Brewers organization, American Family Field policies and amenities, and game day information
• Possess and be able to communicate detailed knowledge of American Family Field and its offerings, amenities, and policies, Brewers promotional information, directions to and from the ballpark, and basic city of Milwaukee information
• Assist guests with feedback, complaints or game-related issues with a positive and helpful attitude and direct them to the appropriate manager, when needed
• Welcome on-site visitors with a cheerful and positive attitude, determine the nature of business, and announce visitors to appropriate personnel
• Monitor visitor access to American Family Field and issue guest passes when applicable
• Assist other departments with clerical projects as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Ability to remain calm and poised when communicating with guests, and managing difficult or potentially emotional guest/customer service situations
• Ability to respond promptly to guest needs and requests for service or assistance
• Maintaining a positive attitude, friendly demeanor and ability to communicate clearly with guests
• Possess detailed knowledge or American Family Field, its offerings, amenities, concession stands, and historical locations and the ability to direct guests to these locations
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
• Experience with the Mitel phone system (formerly known as ShoreTel) is preferred.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Bilingual (Spanish) is preferred.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation.
The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
• Hours vary according to the game and event schedule. Typically, weekday afternoons and some weekends. Maximum of 30 hours per week.