Intern - Ticket Services
Milwaukee Brewers Baseball ClubMilwaukee, WI
This was removed by the employer on 4/21/2021 11:36:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Ticket Services jobs in Milwaukee-WI
Search all Intern - Ticket Services postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Ticket Services? Summary: The Intern - Ticket Services will provide support for the Ticket Services department by assisting with various administrative and operational duties throughout the office, as directed by the Coordinator- Ticket Services & the Senior Manager-Ticket Services. This position will be provided with the opportunity to experience the daily functions of an MLB ticket operations department and support the ticket office management team in providing exceptional customer service as well as maximizing ticket sales and revenue opportunities. The internship typically lasts 12-16 weeks from the time of hire, and may be extended based on performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions):
• Work closely with the Ticket Services staff in selling individual game tickets utilizing our ProVenue ticketing system to process all ticket transactions.
• Assist in the processing, printing, and distribution of individual tickets.
• Printing and mailing daily ticket batches, based on playing schedule.
• Process ticket exchanges in accordance with the Brewers Season Seat Holder Exchange policy.
• Service and interact with customers on a regular basis to help resolve ticketing questions and concerns through all of our various communication avenues including phone, email, and online chat.
• Help with office clerical duties, i.e. data entry, updating informational spreadsheets, filing, and general office work.
• Assist with editing and posting on the daily check-in board during the regular season.
• Aid in the preparation of the box office including outfitting supplies, signage placement, and other setup duties.
• Additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Qualified candidates must have exceptional communication, interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills so that they can provide excellent customer service, sell as many tickets as possible, and maximize ticket revenue opportunities
• Strong ability to thrive in a team environment
• Must possess the ability to multi-task and adjust to rapidly changing business conditions
• Must demonstrate a strong work ethic with an innate sense of urgency and tenacity
• Be available for the length of the internship
• Proficiency in typing
• Prior cash handling experience is also preferred but not required.
Candidates must be currently enrolled or have recently graduated from an accredited college or university. Preferred candidate is pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Finance/Accounting, Communications, Sport Marketing/Administration, or Marketing.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have good knowledge of Microsoft office software specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer. Computerized ticketing experience and previous ticket office experience in general is preferred but not required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Business hours are Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm in the off-season (October-February) and Monday – Friday 9 am – 7pm during the season (March-September). Candidates are expected to work a minimum of 2 days per week for at least 16 hours per week but encouraged to work up to 30 hours per week, especially during the season. Must be flexible with working extended hours such as nights and weekends when necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.