Intern - Turf Management
Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club, LpMilwaukee, WI
This was removed by the employer on 2/8/2021 9:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Turf Management jobs in Milwaukee-WI
Search all Intern - Turf Management postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Turf Management? Summary This position is responsible for assisting with overall care of American Family Field and the Helfaer Field youth baseball facility. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to gain additional experience by independently managing the field cultivation projects and supervising crew members. The internship is a paid hourly position running March through November with a 3-month minimum duration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Hands-on opportunity that includes the daily maintenance tasks of mowing, edging, sod work and seeding, infield maintenance, clay repair, moisture management on all surfaces, Grow Light implementation and maneuvering
• Assist with game responsibilities; batting practice set-up, pre-game preparations, in-game maintenance, and post-game duties
• Assist with irrigation system maintenance and management
• Assist in managing the field at our youth sports facility with a multiple week rotation
• Safely operate various grounds equipment such as mowers, utility carts, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Candidates must be available for a minimum of a 3-month period during the season; preference will be given to those available for the entire MLB season. Required to work extended hours such as nights, weekends and holidays
• Must have a valid driver's license with a driving record in good standing
• Candidates must be able to perform physical tasks, with or without accommodation such as lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, sprinting and pulling tarp
• Prior grounds maintenance experience is preferred
Candidates must be currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a turf management program or related college program at an accredited college or university. Prior grounds maintenance experience is preferred
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation.
The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Game day responsibilities may be loud.
Hours vary according to the game and event schedule. Nights, weekends and holiday hours will be required. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.