Intern - Strength and Conditioning
Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club, LpRemote, US
This was removed by the employer on 6/24/2021 7:24:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Strength and Conditioning jobs in Remote-US
Search all Intern - Strength and Conditioning postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Strength and Conditioning?
Part Time Unpaid Internship
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Summary Provides assistance to the Dominican Republic Strength and Conditioning (S&C) staff with implementation, instruction, and supervision of the program, along with a variety of other duties and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist Dominican Republic Medical Staff and S&C Staff with implementation of strength & conditioning program
• Weight room supervision
• Weight room set-up, and clean-up
• Leading team stretch, conditioning, and agility drills on field
• Traveling with team for all games
• Daily communication with Coordinator - Minor League Strength & Conditioning and Dominican Republic Health & Performance staff and Player Development.
• Assist athletic trainer with rehab programs for individual players, field set-up, and data entry.
• May be required to help transport athletes to various appointments in the DR with a valid driver's license.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Candidate must be willing to learn and adapt to achieve the following skills:
• Motivate and inspire high level athletes
• Skills necessary to evaluate the athlete's levels of physical preparedness, movement efficacy, and effort levels
• Critical thinking skills and knowledge necessary to develop and modify programs for athletes
• Must possess sound communication skills
• Candidates should have at least one year of Strength and Conditioning Experience at the collegiate or professional level
• CSCS is preferred
• Experience with rehabilitation of athletic injuries is preferred
• First Aid / AED / CPR Certifications are required
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
Bi-Lingual a plus (Spanish, English). Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 100 pounds. In specific instances, the employee must be able to move and/or spot athletes moving up to 500 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work hours vary according to game schedule. Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and extended hours if needed.