Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club, LpPhoenix, AZ
This was removed by the employer on 4/29/2021 6:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Search for Grounds Crew jobs in Phoenix-AZ
Search all Grounds Crew postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Grounds Crew? We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Summary The Milwaukee Brewers Grounds Crew is responsible for the overall maintenance and care of the Phoenix facility. This responsibility includes the landscape around the Phoenix facility as well. The position is part-time/seasonal. Beginning in January and continuing through October with winter hours possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Professional daily field maintenance
• Set-up and breakdown batting practice equipment
• Pre-game and post-game field preparations
• In-game duties and shop work
• Assist with seasonal landscape maintenance
• Ability to work independently and in large groups
• Demonstrate the ability to safely and effectively operate all equipment and machinery
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a High School Diploma or GED
• Candidates must have a valid driver's license with a driving record in good standing
• Available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays from January through October
• Candidates must be able to perform physical tasks, with or without accommodation such as lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
• Responds well to supervisors and able to learn new tasks/processes quickly, while seeking feedback
• Assist in maintaining a well-organized, clean, professional looking shop and break room area
• Successful candidates will be self-driven and possess a passion for baseball and Grounds Maintenance alike
Candidates must possess a High School Diploma or GED; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Spanish speaking preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation.
The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Hours vary according to the game and event schedule. Weekend/Holiday hours also may be required This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.