Mills EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Mills Entertainment is looking for a touring Video Technician for a summer 2018 tour. The purpose of this position is to provide the tour with the technical support needed on the ground including, but not limited to, leading and participating in the set-up and strike of tour's video equipment, operating the video system during performances, maintaining tour's video equipment, oversight of audio set-up, and general support to the rest of the touring crew.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in and direct/supervise local video crew during load-in and load-out
• Focus and map the projector onto projection surfaces
• Execute audio and video cues via QLab for each performance
• Participate in pre-production, production, and advance calls as necessary
• Maintain the tour's QLab file and relevant paperwork, making adjustments as necessary
• Work with venue audio personnel to connect to tour set-up and oversee audio execution throughout performances
• Assist other departments when necessary or available
• Must be experienced with Christie projectors and software
• Must be experienced with fast fold screens
• Must have experience working with video switchers, preferably with ATEM Blackmagic products
• Must be proficient with projection mapping
• Must be proficient with MacBook Pro laptops
• Must be proficient with QLab 3 or 4
• Must have at least 2 years of experience touring
• Must have experience working in Union houses, under Union rules
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be self-motivated and have strong leadership skills
• Must be able to solve problems when and if they arise
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an outgoing, positive dynamic personality to engage partners and team members
• Able to work varied hours and commit 100% of time for regional travel and work on the road for the entire tour
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Higher consideration will be given to candidates who have a background in dance production
• Higher consideration will be given to candidates with more than 3 years of touring experience
• Competitive weekly rates.
• This is a touring position that requires travel.
• Per-diem, accommodations, and flights are provided for technical rehearsals and performances
Mills Entertainment is the industry leader in branded live entertainment. We collaborate with top artists and content partners to produce and promote engagements at theaters, arenas, casinos, and colleges throughout the United States and internationally.
The work we do is exciting, challenging, and enjoyable. We are seeking applicants with a passion for live entertainment and a desire to join the industry's leading team.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Mills Entertainment, LLC will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran or disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online