Touring Wardrobe Supervisor
Mills EntertainmentSaratoga Springs, NY
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in pre-production, production, and advance calls, as needed
• Participate in and direct/supervise local wardrobe crew during load-in, performances, and load-out
• Manage and assist in quick changes during performances
• Maintain and manage show laundry schedule
• Maintain and manage puppet maintenance
• Preset and track costumes throughout the show
• Execute and advise on solutions for repairs to puppets and costumes
• Assist with prop maintenance
• Maintain a log of all maintenance and troubleshooting done on puppets and costumes, to be shared and discussed during production meetings
• Participate in weekly Production meetings and general tour check-ins
• Lend assistance to other departments when available
• Share in driving responsibilities with touring company. Tour travels in 15 person passenger vans.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Must be proficient as a stitcher and familiar working on a variety of machines
• Must have experience working with a high volume of costumes at one time
• Must have experience working with full body puppets
• Prior experience working with and supervising a local crew under IATSE union regulations. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be self-motivated and have strong leadership skills.
• Astute attention to detail.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally, collaborating with others.
• Able to manage multiple projects at once, and operate in line with proven systems.
• Must be able to solve problems as and when they may arise.
• Strong organizational and adaptability skills.
• Positive attitude and the ability to remain effective under pressure.
• Experience working in a dynamic, high-energy environment with a demanding workload.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
• Must pass a background check
• Higher consideration will be given to candidates with related touring experience of 2 years or more.
• Higher consideration will be given to candidates with a background in theatre.
Weekly rate is $800.00. Travel, accommodations, and per-diem are provided.
Position runs December 2018 through June 2019 with possible layoffs.
This is a touring position that will require driving.