Touring Audio Engineer - American Girl Live
Mills EntertainmentNew York, NY
Mills Entertainment is looking for a Touring Audio Engineer for our upcoming production of American Girl Live.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in pre-production, production, and advance calls, as needed
• Direct and supervise local audio crew during load-in and load-out
• Work with local Audio House Head to ensure house system is properly tuned prior to sound check
• Perform sound check with actors prior to each performance
• Execute all audio cues via tour's show computer throughout performances
• Execute live mix of all mics and show tracks throughout performances
• General maintenance of tour audio equipment, including microphones, wireless rack, sound board, etc.
• Maintain a log of all maintenance and troubleshooting done on equipment while on the road, to be shared and discussed during production meetings
• Maintain audio show files as needed
• Participate in weekly Production meetings and general tour check-ins
• Lend assistance to other departments when available
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Must be proficient as a FOH audio engineer
• Must have experience mixing on a Yamaha QL1
• Must be proficient with wireless microphone systems and coordinating RF
• Must have comprehensive experience with QLab 3 or 4.
• Experience working with and supervising a local crew under IATSE union regulations.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be self-motivated and have strong leadership skills.
• Astute attention to detail.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally, collaborating with others.
• Able to manage multiple projects at once, and operate in line with proven systems.
• Must be able to solve problems as and when they may arise.
• Strong organizational and adaptability skills.
• Positive attitude and the ability to remain effective under pressure.
• Experience working in a dynamic, high-energy environment with a demanding workload.
• Have a valid driver's license and the ability to pass a background test.
• Higher consideration will be given to candidates based in or near NYC.
• Higher consideration will be given to candidates with related touring experience of 2 years or more.
• Higher consideration will be given to candidates with a background in musical theatre.
Additional Information: Position runs from December to June with potential layoffs during that time. This is a touring position that will require driving. Weekly rate is $825.00. Travel, accommodations, and per-diem are provided.
$825 per week plus per-diem.