Stage Manager- American Girl Live
Mills EntertainmentTouring, US
Full Time Job
Mills Entertainment is looking for an experienced Touring Stage Manager for our upcoming production of American Girl Live.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in production meetings and phone conferences prior to the tour dates.
• Manage workshop process and maintain proper documentation of new work.
• Manage rehearsal process and maintain proper documentation of blocking and technical elements.
• Manage tech rehearsal process and maintain proper documentation for run of show.
• Participate in technical advances, as necessary.
• Supervise and direct local crew, in conjunction with the touring crew, for all load-ins, shows, and load-outs.
• Manage daily crew and show call times, sound checks, performances and sightlines.
• Call audio, lighting and deck cues. May operate lighting console during performance.
• Ensure that all equipment and show supplies are ready for movement post-show.
• Ensure that the team adheres to all safety procedures.
• Assist other departments when necessary or available.
• Complete rehearsal and show reports, according to Company standards.
• Take and implement creative and technical notes, upholding the artistic integrity of the production.
• Hold notes sessions with cast and crew to ensure consistency with the show.
• Participate in production meetings and general tour check-ins while on the road.
• Report any maintenance or expendable needs to Tour Manager and/or Assistant Tour Manager.
• Lead a smooth, successful and enjoyable workplace.
• Astute attention to detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally, collaborating with others.
• Able to manage multiple projects at once, and operate in line with proven systems
• Must be able to solve problems as and when they may arise
• Strong organizational and adaptability skills
• Positive attitude and the ability to remain effective under pressure while managing staff and motivating teams for best results
• Experience working in a dynamic, high-energy environment with a demanding workload while maintaining a friendly demeanor at all times
• Prior experience in providing work direction, coaching others, management or related area preferred
• A bachelors and/or advanced degree in theatre preferred
• Two or more years related experience in the touring field
• Valid driver's license, clean driving record, and must pass an DMV check, background & drug screenings
• Able to work varied hours and commit 100% of time for regional travel and work on the road for the entire tour
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.