Mills EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Celebrity Driven Tour
Select dates from May to August 2019
Mills Entertainment is looking for an Audio Engineer for select dates on a celebrity driven speaking tour who is experienced mixing both FOH and monitors from the FOH position. One musician, playing two keyboards, will accompany the tour on these select dates.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in pre-production and production calls, as needed
• Advance the audio needs for select dates
• Coordinate local backline rentals, working within a set budget
• Direct and supervise local audio crew during load-in
• Work with local A1 to ensure house system is properly tuned prior to sound check
• Perform sound check with musician and celebrity talent
• Execute live FOH and monitor mix for the performance
• Operate playback from an iPad for pre-show and intermission music
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Must have prior touring experience
• Must be proficient as a FOH and monitor Audio Engineer
• Proficient on Yamaha 5D or CL, or Digico SD series consoles
• Must be proficient with a variety of wireless microphone systems and coordinating RF
• Prior experience working with and supervising a local crew under IATSE union regulations.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be self-motivated and have strong leadership skills.
• Astute attention to detail.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally, collaborating with others.
• Must be able to solve problems as and when they may arise.
• Strong organizational and adaptability skills.
• Positive attitude and the ability to remain effective under pressure.
• Experience working in a dynamic, high-energy environment with a demanding workload.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Must be willing to submit to, and pass a background check
• Higher consideration will be given to candidates with related touring experience of 2 years or more.
• Higher consideration will be given to candidates with experience working with celebrity talent.
Additional Information: $4,800 flat rate, negotiable depending upon experience. Travel, accommodations, and per-diem are also provided. Dates are as follows:
5/27/19 - Travel to Phoenix
5/28/19 - Rehearsal in Phoenix
5/29/19 - Phoenix, AZ
5/30/19 - Travel to Oakland
6/1/19 - Oakland, CA
6/2/19 - Travel home
6/18/19 - Travel to Brooklyn
6/19/19 - Brooklyn, NY
6/20/19 - Travel to Newark
6/21/19 - Newark, NJ
6/22/19 - Travel home
7/25/19 - Travel to Houston
7/26/19 - Houston, TX
7/27/19 - Dallas, TX
7/28/19 - Travel home
8/3/19 - Travel to Atlanta
8/4/19 - Atlanta, GA, The Fox Theatre
8/5/19 - Travel home
8/23/19 - Travel to Chicago
8/24/19 - Chicago, IL
8/25/19 - Detroit, MI
8/26/19 - Travel home