Senior Account Executive, Consumer + Culture
MikeWorldWideLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Are you a PR professional who is a true ''culture news junkie'' and can visualize clients in the headlines? Do you love brainstorming big, creative ideas for clients and seeing them come to fruition? Are you a multi-tasker that is smart and meticulous? Do you prefer a team where everyone has an opportunity to speak-up, and take action?
If so, MWW is looking for you!
We are looking to hire a Senior Account Executive to join our Consumer team with a particular focus in sports, entertainment, culture and cannabis. This role is essentially the engine that keeps the motor running on the day-to-day basis and ensures that communications programs are carried out with perfection. A true self-starter and someone looking for an opportunity to grow.
Ideal candidates will have experience working at a public relations agency across sports, entertainment, and culture or within a communications department, with direct experience developing, pitching, and executing on fully integrated communications programs.
We are seeking a candidate with superior writing skills, excellent media relations skills, strong media relationships, the ability to liaise and provide meaningful client counsel; a person who can manage and mentor entry level staff, but work with senior leaders to continually bring fresh ideas to the table; a person who knows the importance of traditional media relations, and has acumen to integrate social media to campaigns.
This role is perfect for someone with 3-5 years of relevant experience under their belt, who would like the opportunity to work closely with senior leaders and clients; results-driven and an aptitude to bring creative ideas from strategy through execution. Strong media relations skills and technology acumen is a must for this role, however, this position requires a multi-tasker who can provide social/digital counsel and strategy, is passionate about providing excellent and professional client service, and has their hand on the pulse of media and current news events at all times.
· Serve as the driver of results; liaise and interact with senior leaders of the practice, clients and colleagues, providing strong counsel on tactical and strategic matters linked to the programs; anticipate client needs and prepare in advance
· Excellent project management capabilities; can execute against multiple tasks in an effective, organized manner, including: events, press material development, media briefings, and product launches; provide high quality deliverables on or prior to deadlines
· Manage the logistics of and run multiple, defined client projects (including events, collateral development, media briefings, etc.) from concept to completion on time, with the support of the team
· Proactively generate new ideas and opportunities to support client objectives; ensure client program success; participate actively in account team strategy sessions and brainstorms
· Manage up to your supervisors and account leads regarding progress on deliverables, media outreach processes, and actively offer solutions to pivot where needed or enhance the project
· Serve as a mentor and guide to entry level team members
· Drive media results for clients across your accounts by proactively pitching media daily and secure publicity for clients (local, regional, national); generate client thought leadership opportunities; track record of developing and maintaining strong relationships with media, journalists, and influencers; deep knowledge of journalist specialism/interest
· Moderate media interviews; assist with media training for clients; initiate implementation of media events such as media dinners/breakfasts, briefings and media tours; represent clients and products at industry conferences and events
· Actively support the pitch process for new business (including research and capabilities presentations and/or contribute media ideas for broader presentations) and attend new business pitches as appropriate; find creative ways to contribute to organic growth of existing accounts
· At least 3-5 years of experience working in a full-time role either in a public relations agency or the communications department of a company in a relevant industry
· Experience working with and a passion for consumer clients (sports and entertainment client experience also a plus)
· An interest in placing a strong emphasis on social media counsel and strategy
· Superior oral and written communication skills; strong proofreading and editing ability
· Demonstrated proficiency in media relations (story pitching to traditional media and digital influencers, writing releases and bylined articles, ability to find creative angles and create highly targeted media strategies and pitches)
· Maintain a professional, client-ready demeanor and presence; keep a high standard of etiquette in all communications and interactions
· Experience in providing guidance to entry level staffers; strong team building and mentorship aptitude
· Maintain knowledge and a demonstrated understanding of industry publications, national top tier and business press, broadcast media
· Avid consumer of general business news and media
· Maintain a thorough understanding of clients' businesses and industries; become an expert on clients' products and services; have the ability to demonstrate these products to media
· Proven ability to think strategically, creatively and proactively; exhibit a facility for problem solving and close attention to detail
· Takes pride in their work and helping team members and the client succeed
· Demonstrates motivation and a ''can-do'' attitude; a self-starter
· Desire to pursue knowledge and professional development
· Actively participate in agency development by working collaboratively across all practice areas and assisting with new business whenever possible
· Team oriented with the proven ability to work in partnership with others as well as independently
Work-life balance is a buzzword. We believe in work-life flexibility, and have the structure in place to make that our reality. MWWLife is our robust suite of benefits, programs, and incentives designed to support our employees' experience during every phase of their careers. Forged in the spirit of flexibility and growth, it's all about the freedom to live your best life, both personally and professionally, and embodies the culture of caring we cultivate at MikeWorldWide. From unlimited PTO to Friday Freezes and Mental Health days, our team provides countless options, benefits and flexibility. We believe in a true family culture.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online