Designer - Gaming
Midnight OilBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
You will be responsible for all graphic design as it relates to one of our major gaming client's needs in advertising, collateral, packaging, marketing materials, logo development and typography. We are looking for a designer who is passionate and experienced working with gaming clients -- primarily in print but any digital experience is a bonus as well.
• Experience in design w/ some production skills for gaming (console or mobile), home entertainment or retail would be ideal, but not required
• Work will be primarily print design, with some digital
• Work will include creating new designs concepts for ads, brochure/sell sheets, POP, retail displays and trade show displays
• Work will also include the ability to take an established style guide/campaign and adapt the look and feel across multiple platforms of print and retail
• Strong design skills with the ability to do some production and get files ready for mechanicals
• Advanced-level Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) skills required
• The ability to create designs both in Photoshop and InDesign. This requires the designer to think mechanically ready comps where most type is done in InDesign and art created in Photoshop.
• Develops designs that are on strategy and reflect brand's personality
• Performs additional duties as assigned
Skills and Knowledge Required:
• Excellent time-management and prioritization skills required
• Detail oriented
• Flexibility working in a secure room
• Ability to effectively communicate with other creative, directors and account managers required. This includes an ability to obtain all necessary information required to complete a project
• Ability to work under pressure, with short deadlines
• Flexibility regarding work hours; ability to work overtime if necessary
• Ability to take direction, along with client demands and timelines
• Ability to problem solve
• Ability to work on their own as well as part of a team
• A good sense of humor!
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university required
• 5-8 years of work experience in the graphics design field required
• Direct Reports: None
Midnight Oil is a dynamic marketing agency dedicated to creating meaningful connections through experiences that inspire. Our passion for all things culture takes shape in the form of the tangible experiences we create, which reach to the heart of people's emotions and desires for connection and community.
With a fluid agency model we are able to create campaigns that will lead to authentic emotional connections, persistent cultural significance and most importantly, meaningful success for our clients. Leveraging our nearly 40-year history with a diverse team of premium talent and state-of-the-art workshop, we have earned a reputation as premier thought partners our clients can trust.
Headquartered in Burbank, CA., the Midnight Oil team comprises 320+ agency professionals and partners with clients such as Disney, Netflix, Sony Pictures Television, Microsoft, Warner Bros. Pictures, Activision, EA, and Universal Pictures, among others. Midnight Oil has received numerous accolades from the CLIO Key Art Awards, Game Marketing Awards, OMA Awards, Effie Awards, the Golden Trailer Awards, and more.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online