Consultant - Legal And Documentation Deliverables
Michael Thelin ProductionsLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/7/2022 9:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Exhibition & Distribution Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Consultant - Legal And Documentation Deliverables jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Consultant - Legal And Documentation Deliverables postings
Full Time Job
CONSULTANT - Legal and Documentation Deliverables (4 months temp job)
This role will track incoming films ensuring that all necessary legal motion picture documentation is vetted and approved to help with backlog of films. The role will train and manage temporary help for legal and documentation deliverables ensuring review of standards are met.
• Manage the incoming legal delivery for motion pictures and conduct in-depth review of paper and legal deliverables including but not limited to:
o Chain of Title - review and analyze to confirm necessary transfer of rights for applicable exploitation.
o Music Agreements - including composer agreements, recording/mater use and synchronization/performance licenses to ensure proper compliance with music requirements for relevant exploitation.
o Talent Contracts - review and interpret talent contracts (actor, director, producer, etc.) and related documents to ensure compliance with credit obligations for use in marketing materials and other uses.
o E&O Insurance - Review E&O certificates and policies to ensure compliance with requirements (including proper coverage for music, title, distribution in all media and appropriate policy coverage limits)
o Copyright Registrations - review and advise on.
• Communicate with external producers and internal parties regarding the deliverable needs for each project, ensuring received assets are acceptable.
• Engage with numerous producers to coordinate the workflow of production documentation, routing documents and information through the appropriate review and approval processes. (i.e., feedback on outstanding delivery, rejections, additional information needed)
• Centralizes and organizes information and documentation in internal systems and tracking documents.
• Liaise with internal and external parties to ensure assets received are acceptable.
What You Will Need
• Minimum of 5-10 years' of related experience feature film legal delivery (studio, in-house film production, company or law firm).
• Minimum of 5-10 years' of related experience with high-volume production and distribution.
• Ability to work independently, as we all as part of a team across all departments.
• Ability to prioritize and apply appropriate resources where needed.
• Ability to manage multiple projects in an extremely fast-paced environment.
• Ability to learn things thoroughly and quickly.
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Strong proficiency In Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) database and file management.