Manager - Partnership Development
Miami MarlinsMiami, FL
Full Time Job
The Manager of Partnership Development is responsible for generating and developing sales revenue for the Marlins' sponsorship programs. The individual in this position will play a key role and will be a valuable contributor in driving partnership development initiatives within this core sector of the Marlins business. Ideal candidates should possess solid partnership development experience and should have a proven track record of exceeding sales targets and quotas.
• Develop sponsorship programs, conduct sales meetings and presentations on a regular basis, negotiate and prepare contract terms of partnerships with input from finance and legal team members
• Collaborate with marketing and sales leaders to drive and execute partnership programs and integrated campaigns; implement development strategies to continually engage partners in the Marlins business
• Provide weekly reporting and communication of various sales related metrics including pipeline generation, account status, revenue status, and relevant sponsor interaction
• Achieve sponsorship sales revenue goals as assigned and maximize the sale of fully integrated sponsorships in all major categories; contribute to and achieve corporate and department management objectives
• Conduct research, identify and track prospects/organizations within various vertical industries to prospect for partnership opportunities
• Team with Partnership Activation representatives to ensure fulfillment of client deliverables
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate, influence and cultivate relationships within a multitude of business environments including sports and entertainment, corporate, non-profit, education, government and community.
• Demonstrated business acumen, analytical and operational skills;
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Proven track record of overachieving sales targets and quotas in a competitive sales environment
• Ability and willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Knowledge and passion for Major League Baseball and the ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred.
Suggested Education & Experience Guidelines:
• Bachelor's degree, preferably with a focus on business management, sports management, or a related field
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a sponsorship sales and partnership management role; sports and entertainment industry is preferred
• Medical PPO/Dental PPO/Life/Disability Insurance
• Vacation and personal paid time off
• 401K plan plus employer matching
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?