Guest Services Event Staff Supervisor
Miami MarlinsMiami, FL
Full Time Job
The Guest Services Event Staff Supervisor is responsible for providing support and assistance to the entire Guest Services department, as needed during all Marlins home games and special events.
• Responsible for overseeing a select number of ticket takers, elevator attendants, escalator attendants, wheelchair attendants, rideshare assistants, greeters, etc.
• Assisting ticket takers with ticket scanner and Guest issues.
• Enforcing all Marlins Park entry procedures, game day activities, and assisting Guests with any entry issues.
• Manage set up of all scanners for ticket takers prior to staff member arrival with radios.
• Assists with set up of stroller check-in.
• Assist with promotional giveaway distribution at the entrances on corresponding giveaway dates.
• Assist the Guest Services department with all game day activities, as assigned, related to Good Sport Program, ticket office, premium entrances and seats.
• Being alert to potential hazards in the ballpark such as foul balls and reporting incidents.
• Monitor your assigned area for issues and opportunities to make lasting memories for our Guests.
• Must have the ability to function under the stress of heavy crowds and mediate situations involving potential argumentative, confrontational Guests.
• Must be able to stay in one stationary position for long periods of time.
• Required to work extended hours, weekends and holidays according to baseball/special events schedule.
• Must be able to work all posts assigned, this includes but not limited to gates, interior, and exterior positions.
• Must be able to work outdoors during all times of the year.
• Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently as well as within a team.
• Must be able to lift at least 15 pounds.
• A minimum of three (3) years of customer/guest services experience is required.
• Must be able to interface well with all levels of the organization and represent the team in a highly professional manner.
Suggested Education & Experience Guidelines:
• High school diploma or GED required, seeking college degree preferred.
• Fluently bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.