Miami MarlinsBeloit, WI
Part Time Job
ESL Teacher (Part-Time)
The Miami Marlins seek a part-time teacher to work with a small group of young adults on their English skills at our minor league affiliate. This is a part-time job that will require you to meet with students for an hour a day, approximately 3-4 times a week. We will plan to teach in the hybrid mode, with some classes taking place via Microsoft Teams and some taking place in person.
Candidates must have experience teaching ESL. Experience in sports and teaching athletes is a plus.
• Serve as ESL teacher for international students
• Plan and submit lesson plans on a weekly basis
• Effectively use research-based strategies for second language acquisition and effective classroom management
• Submit student evaluations as requested
• Maintain accurate attendance records
• Communicate and collaborate with Education Coordinator on a consistent basis
• Administer assessments when indicated
• Continually identify needs of students and allow that to guide instructional practices
• Serve as a model of professionalism for students
• Must have experience teaching
• Comfort in Microsoft Office, virtual teaching, and great communication skills.
• Certification in teaching and ESL is a plus
• Bilingualism is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.