Director, Team Travel
Miami MarlinsMiami, FL
This was removed by the employer on 12/24/2020 1:44:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Director, Team Travel jobs in Miami-FL
Search all Director, Team Travel postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Team Travel? Position Summary:
Coordinates, oversees and manages all aspects related to travel for the Major League team including housing, air/ground transportation during Spring Training, the Championship Season, and the Post-Season.
• Negotiate and contract travel agreements with air and ground transportation providers, and local/road hotels.
• Develop positive relationships with all providers to establish high expectation for quality of service and care for traveling party.
• Coordinate air travel schedule including arrival and departure times, seating manifests, preferred airport destination in cities with multiple airports, and onboarding security process.
• Secure hotel accommodations in each city the major league club travels to and serve as on-site point-person for any housing-related issues.
• Find, contract and disperse housing arrangements for staff for Major League Spring Training and assist staff with housing needs in Miami.
• Coordinate all ground transportation processes for Major League club, including but not limited to team buses, staff/executive rental/corporate cars, team equipment/moving trucks.
• Work with Baseball Operations leadership on all roster transaction travel.
• Serve as a team liaison with other clubs to effectively manage daily nuances of transportation, clubhouse dynamics, ticket requests, payment to certain road clubhouse service providers, etc.
• Outline and present expectations, rules and regulations to players and staff as it pertains to travel policies.
• Prepare and coordinate Major League Spring Training schedule in conjunction with other clubs and MLB.
• Manage team's involvement at MLB's annual Winter Meetings.
• Work collectively with front office and clubhouse manager to provide quality travel and clubhouse experience on road and at home for players and field staff.
• Manage, oversee and distribute per diem monies as outlined by the CBA.
• Prepare, manage and oversee all working budget accounts for all aspects of Major League team-related travel for Spring Training, the Championship Season, and the Post-Season including review and approval of all bills and invoices and payroll deductions of all applicable incidental expenses incurred by members of the traveling party.
• Administer travel bank and petty cash accounts.
• Manage player and staff complimentary ticket program and on-field pass process.
• Act as communicative link between front office and players/coaches/medical staff.
• Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish).
• Willingness to work nights and weekends and acceptance of irregular work schedule.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work cohesively in a group environment a must.
• Problem-solver who must be flexible and agile in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Experience in preparing and monitoring a budget
Suggested Education & Experience Guidelines:
Undergraduate degree, preferably in the area of business administration or economics.
Prior experience with a Major League baseball operations department.
Prior experience in the hotel or travel industry a plus. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.