PR Account Director
Metro Public RelationsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
PR Account Manager, Digital/Gaming/ Entertainment
Metro Public Relations is seeking an Account Manager for its Entertainment, Digital, Gaming and Corporate clients.
We are an award-winning entertainment PR, experiential and creative marketing agency with teams in Los Angeles, NYC and ATL. We represent top traditional/digital talent, brands, film studios and networks, events, production and gaming companies, podcasts, and some of the world's leading platforms.
The ideal candidate can manage multiple client work streams and has strong experience in strategic planning and client communication at all stages of campaign. They will bring a passion for digital, gaming and entertainment tech with a deep bench of media contacts across digital, entertainment industry, and B2B trade press. Candidate should have strong relationships with key contacts at outlets such as Adweek, Bloomberg, LAT, Forbes, Hollywood Reporter, NYT, TechCrunch, Variety, WSJ, among others. Additionally, candidates will have thought leadership experience drafting abstracts and trade show submissions for executives.
- Lead client communication with no oversight, making strategic recommendations that align with client goals
- Create and lead reputation-building earned media, partnership and event strategies
- Identify and pitch stories that ladder back to the client's larger business goals
- Develop PR plans, brand decks, and new business presentations (with little to no oversight)
- Draft press releases and other materials for clients
- Secure speaking opportunities to elevate executive and talent profiles
- Secure op eds for client spokespeople*
- Campaign development: demonstrate creativity and proactively develop strategic plans for each project, seeing it through to its successful completion. Can go outside the box to exceed client expectations.
- Media outreach. Lead pitching initiatives and maintain strong relationships with media contacts across B2B, entertainment industry and digital press. Ability to strategically pivot tactics when hitting roadblocks.
- Lead the execution of client events (post COVID-19) / client's virtual events.
- Manage and delegate to team members across accounts. This role will also serve as a mentor for junior staff to help them grow, help with time management, oversee assignments, provide pitch edits, etc.
- Participate in new business process, including proactive outreach, joining meetings, preparing decks and proposals, and helping close
• 6+ years of media relations experience; large agency/client experience is a plus
• Strong track record of creating successful media and brand strategies - the ability to showcase examples from your past work
• Strong media contacts
• Thrives in a very fast paced environment passion for digital media, B2B work and entertainment.
• Strong leadership and team management skills
• A positive attitude that upholds our culture
We offer a team-oriented, creative environment and expect all employees to maintain our positive office culture. While our office is currently closed during COVID-19 Stay at Home orders, our business is fully operational and we are all working remotely
Bonus eligible, commission eligibly, health/vision/dental insurance offered, 401K
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online