VP, Unscripted TV Development
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking an experienced executive in our Unscripted Television Department. The successful candidate must have a wide range of experience developing, pitching, overseeing projects and sales materials.
• Generate new ideas for Unscripted content, including but not limited to formats, reality, documentaries, game shows and podcasts
• Develop and oversee creation of pitch materials including decks, sizzles, casting reels and presentations
• Oversee multiple projects in various stages of development, from conception to production
• Work closely with our International team to identify key projects
• Interface with a variety of different in-house departments (e.g., creative, marketing, legal, production etc.)
• Maintain relationships with broadcasters/exhibitors/distributors, agencies, and managers in the entertainment community
• Expand, build, and maintain key relationships with a network of directors, producers, productions companies, talent, etc., through outside networking
• Identify suitable projects from those executives and external producers and recommend them for development and/or production
• 2 years of VP experience at a network or production company
• Extensive and in-depth knowledge of how to develop, negotiate and produce unscripted content
• Established relationships with network buyers and industry executives
• Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to deal effectively with a variety of projects at once
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive business-oriented approach
• Must be detail-oriented and possess superior organization and time management skills
• Ability to continually generate ideas for content
• Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information in a discrete manner
Please do not contact MGM Studios directly.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.