VP Television and Legal Affairs
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
The Business and Legal Affairs team is seeking an experienced attorney with at least 6 years of unscripted and scripted content business and legal affairs experience. The candidate must be self-motivated and capable of handling multiple deals simultaneously in a fast paced environment, with meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Structure, negotiate, and draft a high volume of development and production agreements, including license agreements, option and other rights and development-related agreements
• Analyze deal opportunities and formulate business strategies with respect to various unscripted and scripted audiovisual development and production matters
• Interface with a variety of different departments including in-house personnel (e.g., creative, finance, marketing, etc.)
• Develop and suggest policies, practices, and parameters in connection with various business issues
• Advise senior management in connection with deal strategies and complex business / legal matters
• Maintain relationships with studios/production companies/distributors, agencies, managers, and attorneys in the entertainment community
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• JD degree from a top-tier law school
• Member of California or New York State Bar
• 6 years prior business and legal affairs experience with a major media entertainment company and / or entertainment law firm with substantial experience in unscripted and scripted content acquisition, sales, and production
• Extensive and in-depth knowledge of negotiating and documenting unscripted and scripted content transactions with an ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to deal effectively with a variety of legal matters at once
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive business-oriented approach
• Must be detail-oriented and possess superior negotiation, drafting, organization and time management skills
• Passion for unscripted and scripted content
• Hands-on production experience
• Experience working with all levels of broadcasters, exhibitors, distributors, pilots, and first-time series
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.