VP / SVP, Theatrical Business & Legal Affairs
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
• Negotiate and draft a variety of development and production agreements, including option and rights acquisition agreements, writer, producer, director and actor agreements, and distribution and finance agreements
• Oversee production legal issues on films, including union and guild matters, clearances, credits, and insurance requirements
• Review and summarize chain of title to potential development properties
• Research, summarize, and advise on various legal issues that arise during development and production
• JD degree from top tier law school
• Admission to the California State Bar
• 4 years prior experience at law firm and/or major media entertainment company, experience with intellectual property and transactional entertainment deals preferred
• Extensive and in-depth knowledge of negotiating and documenting transactions with an ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
• Must be detail oriented and possess superior negotiation, drafting, organizational, and time management skills
• Must have a cooperative, positive, and team-oriented approach
• Ability to develop highly effective and productive working relationships with senior company executives
• Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and succinct manner both verbally and in writing
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.