VP / SVP, Television Business and Legal Affairs - Unscripted
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (''MGM'') is seeking an experienced attorney with at least 6 years of unscripted content business and legal affairs experience. The candidate must be self-motivated and capable of handling multiple deals simultaneously in a fast paced environment, with meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
* Analyze deal opportunities and formulate business strategies with respect to various unscripted content development and production matters
* Structure, negotiate, and draft a high volume of unscripted development and production agreements, including license agreements, option and other rights and development-related agreements, talent/test option agreements, and certain above-the-line agreements
* Interface with a variety of different departments including in-house personnel (e.g., creative, marketing, etc.) and production personnel/crew
* Develop and suggest policies, practices, and parameters in connection with various business issues
* Advise senior management in connection with deal strategies and complex business / legal matters
* Maintain relationships with broadcasters/exhibitors/distributors, agencies, managers, and attorneys in the entertainment community
* JD degree from a top-tier law school
* Member of California State Bar
* 6 years' prior business / legal affairs experience with a major media entertainment company and / or entertainment law firm with substantial experience in unscripted content acquisition, sales, and production
* Extensive and in-depth knowledge of negotiating and documenting unscripted content transactions with an ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
* Ability to deal effectively with a variety of legal matters at once
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Proactive business-oriented approach
* Must be detail-oriented and possess superior negotiation, drafting, organization and time management skills
The successful candidates will also possess the following:
* Passion for unscripted content
* Hands-on production experience
* Music-related legal experience
* Experience working with all levels of broadcasters/exhibitors/distributors, pilots, and first-time series
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.