VP / SVP, Television Business and Legal Affairs Executive
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
• Analyze deal opportunities and formulate business strategies with respect to various scripted television development and production matters
• Structure, negotiate, and draft a high volume of scripted development and production agreements, including license agreements, executive producer agreements, writer agreements, director agreements, rights agreements, and talent/test option agreements
• Oversee production legal for various productions while working with a broad range of in-house personnel (e.g., creative, production, etc.)
• Develop and suggest policies and parameters in connection with various business practices
• Advise senior management in connection with deal strategies and complex business and legal matters
• Maintain relationships with key agencies, managers, and attorneys in the entertainment community
• JD degree from top tier law school
• Admission to the California State Bar
• 7 years prior experience at an entertainment law firm and/or major media entertainment company with substantial experience in scripted television development and production
• Extensive and in-depth knowledge of negotiating and documenting entertainment scripted transactions with an ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
• Must be detail-oriented and possess superior negotiation, drafting, organizational, and time management skills
• Solid working knowledge of guild and union issues and various entertainment industry customs and practices
• Previously established relationships with key agencies, managers, and attorneys in the entertainment community
• Must have a cooperative, positive, and team-oriented approach
• Ability to develop highly effective and productive working relationships with senior company executives
• Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and succinct manner both verbally and in writing
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.