VP, Production Finance, Features
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios IncBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
The Vice President Production Finance will oversee budgeting, production accounting staff and production structure plans for assigned film projects. The position will work closely with internal partners, including Physical Production, Post Production, VFX, Music, Business Affairs as well as external partners, filmmakers and vendors.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee the production finance of film projects in pre-production, production and post production
• Ensure productions run smoothly, meet deadlines and monitor budget variances
• Collaborate with show line producers, production managers and accountants and offer assessments on budgets, production plans, and schedules
• Provide feedback on production risks and/or options that can impact budget
• Work with internal teams, including post operations and development, to develop budgets and reporting timely
• Troubleshoot and communicate all production changes to internal management
• Locate and vet candidates for hire in key production accounting roles
• Continually monitor all projects with regard to budgets, cost reports and update meetings, etc.
• Travel to set when necessary to evaluate work-flow, budgets and potential problems
• Review Production Reports, Hot Costs, and Cost Reports
• Analyze production reporting and offer suggestions
• Act as a financial liaison between the filmmakers and the Studio
• 5 years of experience in production executive roles, production controller / accountant and accounting staff management
• Experience in all film production accounting duties and processes from development through post production
• Ability to juggle multiple large-scale projects efficiently in a fast-paced environment while delivering outstanding results
• Knowledge of film budgeting and reporting software (including Movie Magic, Excel, Microsoft Office)
• Experience with guilds and unions domestic and foreign
• Experience working on international productions
• Able to recognize an opportunity or need based on industry expertise
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Project management skills
• Ability to manage payroll during pre-production
• Experience in post-production procedures and schedules
• Knowledge of current tax incentive programs, domestic and abroad
• Familiarity with production insurance policies, both foreign and domestic
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.