VP Of Development & Production, Orion Television
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a VP, Development & Production, Orion Television to oversee the development and production of low-cost scripted TV. Individual should be excited to build a slate of filmmaker-driven, elevated, and unique TV shows from the ground up -- a self-starter that can work within the system to do something wholly different. This position will have an emphasis on genre fare, focusing on new formats and media, from limited series to hour-long episodic to short form. Must have relationships with buyers at network, streaming, cable as well as agents, writers & producers.
* Develop, acquire and option material from leading creative voices.
* Responsible for all aspects of the development process, providing creative feedback and notes on materials, scripts casting and cuts.
* Maintain and establish new relationships with writers, agents and managers.
* Must have successful track record of relevant experience in development, pitching and production.
* Must have strong writing and excellent communication skills.
* Must be able to work under strict time constraints and meet deadlines.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.