VP, Direct-To-Consumer Marketing
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
VP, Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) Marketing
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Vice President, Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) Marketing who will be responsible for developing acquisition, retention and win-back strategies and campaigns across all relevant sales channels for the EPIX NOW OTT service. This individual will serve as a key member of the DTC Marketing team and will help develop, execute and optimize the marketing strategy in partnership with the balance of the Marketing Team (including Digital & Social Media Marketing), the Digital Product Team, Research & Analytics and retained agencies.
The Vice President will manage a dedicated acquisition media planning and buying agency to ensure resources are being optimized to drive acquisition among qualified audiences, leverage awareness advertising in the marketplace to support conversion and serve as the primary point of contact with app stores/accounts to secure largest share of promotional voice.
Reporting to the CMO, the VP of DTC Marketing will be a key member of the network Marketing Team and will work with each of the relevant departments to develop full funnel campaigns informed by the data & analytics derived from the network's MarTech and avail third-party resources.
• Develop overall strategy and specific marketing campaigns designed to acquire a qualified user base for EPIX NOW
• Own all DTC acquisition marketing channels including paid social, search, programmatic display, digital video, mobile and podcast
• Own complete campaign development, production, execution and analysis for "always on" and program-specific initiatives
• Serve as primary point of contact with all DTC app stores/platforms and sales channels to help drive awareness, engagement and acquisition of EPIX NOW leveraging owned media, editorial and promotional vehicles on a consistent basis
• Monitor, optimize, and report on performance of campaigns on an ongoing basis, working with internal Departments and external agencies to pivot as necessary to drive greatest result
• Define baseline and advanced KPIs around campaign performance and customer acquisition goals and communicate accordingly to relevant parties
• Partner with Digital product teams and Research/Analytics to create dashboards and reporting that illustrates both subscriber behavior and campaign performance
• Analyze data to make recommendations to improve campaigns and adjust strategy and investment levels, accordingly
• Collaborate with Research & Analytics team to design research plans, interpret results and synthesize insights in order to develop new acquisition strategies and identify new audiences
• Manage relationship with acquisition marketing agency to ensure a strong partnership and proper execution of all campaigns
• Partner with finance to create budgets and forecasts that will help achieve acquisition goals
• Work closely with partner marketing teams to ensure alignment of campaigns across shared platforms
• Collaborate with brand team to effectively communicate brand, product value proposition and content through acquisition and show-specific campaigns
• Lead A/B testing, content, copy & creative among other strategies to continually improve and refine performance
• Work closely with the data and analytics team to ensure proper tracking is in place to support ongoing reporting needs
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• 5 years of experience developing, producing and executing digital acquisition campaigns - ideally for an SVOD service
• Expertise with all digital ad networks including Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Snap, YouTube Advertising and Programmatic networks is required
• Ability to analyze and interpret data to generate insights that inform investment decisions and marketing strategy
• Experience managing media planning and buying agencies
• Account management experience -- preferably in the traditional MVPD or digital space
• Experience developing and reporting on metrics and KPIs for business goals, process improvements and campaign management
• Strong understanding of customer segmentation and how it can feed into acquisition marketing channels in order to identify and acquire high-value users
• Bachelor's degree
EPIX®, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred; Perpetual Grace, LTD, starring Sir Ben Kingsley; Get Shorty, featuring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano; spy thriller Deep State; and docuseries NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; and PUNK from John Varvatos and Iggy Pop; as well as upcoming premieres of new series Belgravia, from Julian Fellowes; docuseries Slow Burn, based on the hit podcast, and Laurel Canyon. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
For more information about EPIX, go to www.EPIX.com. Follow EPIX on Twitter @EpixHd (http://www.twitter.com/EpixHD) and on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EPIX), YouTube (http://youtube.com/EPIX), Instagram (http://instagram.com/EPIX) and Snapchat @EPIXTV.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.