Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Culver City, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM Studios") is seeking a Vice President of DevOps who will establish and lead a world class DevOps capability, building a robust culture of innovation and operations for MGM Studios. The VP, DevOps will lead the engineering functions in addition to providing guidance and expertise on system options, risk, impact and costs vs. benefits. You must possess the right combination of strategic thinking and operational excellence. You will have a strong sense of urgency, tenacity, and experience transforming organizations into fast paced, metrics-driven environments.
The VP, DevOps will create and share operational requirements and development forecasts to allow for timely and accurate planning of projects. As the principal architect and engineer, the VP, DevOps will be responsible for developing and building technology solutions, micro services and API frameworks to refactor our portfolio of applications into a cloud delivered and highly scalable service. They will create the orchestration architecture across on-prem and cloud applications and solutions, implementing reusable components and translating functional and technical requirements into cloud ready solutions.
This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Technical Operations and is a key leader within the Media Technology Group (MTG).
In this role you:
• Drive yearly technology planning and budgeting process, share regular budget updates with financial transparency, and provide regular updates to business leadership on operational issues, service levels, and project status
• Develop global technology strategy in conjunction with business units and Technical Operations
• Drive strategy, evaluate and execute technology initiatives to support business growth and transformation
• Lead global program planning, ensuring all domestic and International technology initiatives are in alignment with global business objectives
• The VP, DevOps will be a strong leader who can successfully operate in the current environment, but also be a transformation change agent to help the organization look ahead
• Advise the CITO and peers on the incremental adoption of DevOps by current programs and products including changes to engagements by partners and vendors
• Be responsible for overall operations for an entire Technology Domain of Applications at MGM Studios
• Establish service levels where required and institutionalized to provide stable and secure operations
• Provide oversight to ensure that modern engineering, architecture and technologies are used in the design, construction and implementation of MGM information and operations technology
• Align and execute the MGM multi-year plan, inclusive of business and IT strategies while ensuring system reliability, availability, speed of value delivery, and decommissioning of legacy systems. Key initiatives include:
• Application rationalization
• Platform as a service (for RPA / Service Center / Analytics / Collaboration technologies) to operating companies
• Develop and scale API approach for integration leveraging potential solutions such as Apigee, MuleSoft, Dell Boomi, etc.
• Foster a trusted, collaborative partnership across all business units and within the product organization of the Chief Digital Officer
Required Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or electrical engineering, or related field; Master's degree preferred
• 15 years' increasing levels of responsibility and a proven track record of growth and achievement in Software Development and Infrastructure Operations
• Proven team leadership with history of building high performing teams, and driving results
• Strategic and creative thinker and business mind with gravitas as well as exceptional communication and influencing skills
• Ability to generate options, build consensus, and execute. A change agent willing to challenge the status quo and with a strong track record of leading organizational evolution
• Able to deal with ambiguity and at times, rapidly changing priorities
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.