VP, Business Development & Strategy
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX , an MGM Company, is seeking a VP, Business Development and Strategy who will be focused on driving new business partnerships and deals as well as overseeing project management efforts to drive operational priorities and efficiencies and prepare strategic plans for senior management.
• Lead business development efforts by sourcing, evaluating, negotiating and closing new business and distribution opportunities to drive new audiences and revenue for EPIX
• Identify and recommend new business opportunities including brand extensions, emerging distribution, new partners and new products
• Thoroughly analyze appropriate business opportunities (identifying barriers to entry, strategies for entry, competitive overviews)
• Develop business plans and manage financial analysis and valuation of new opportunities (including P&L models)
• Prepare long range strategic plans for EPIX and present to Senior Management
• Oversee strategic partnerships with mobile/streaming app platforms including sourcing, negotiating, and implementing TV Everywhere deals
• Ensure all contractual obligations are fulfilled including timely delivery of materials, minimum delivery requirements are met, proper formats per platform, parity across all services including current and future requirements such as closed caption, SAP, etc. partnering with creative services for delivery of promo materials, etc.
• Manage relationships with various distribution and business partners
• Determine optimal ongoing EPIX service strategy, including linear, VOD, and TVE offerings, windowing, branding, exclusivity, and other key considerations
• Serve as an internal thought leader for the company
• Act as internal consultant to lead and project manage ad hoc strategic projects for the senior team (e.g., services agreement, M&A scenarios, international, etc.)
• Facilitate implementation of new distributor launches, including linear feed, VOD asset delivery, DTC launches, branding/artwork, marketing/PR, etc.
• Identify and manage operational projects to support business needs, including D2C and network operations (delivery/assets), organizational design, and other process improvements
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• 6-8 years in media or technology industries and at least 2 years in finance, investment banking, management consulting, or corporate development
• MBA required
• Demonstrated ability to create strategic insight
• Experience preparing and presenting business plans
• Background in business development or project management
• Superior quantitative modeling skills and a sound understanding of finance
• Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects with several deliverables under tight deadlines
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Resourceful self-starter with a strong desire to learn
• Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to persuade others, build consensus and work within a team
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Excellent research skills and ability to organize, synthesize and present information
• Strong project management and proven leadership skills
• Experience in/or desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment
• Prior experience with new business development and launches
• Negotiation and deal experience
• Digitally and socially native
EPIX, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. A destination for premium content, EPIX is tripling the amount of original programming on the network beginning in 2018, with a roster of original series including Get Shorty starring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano, spy thrillers Berlin Station and Deep State, the return of Mark Burnett's boxing competition series The Contender and late-night comedy docuseries Unprotected Sets, from executive producer Wanda Sykes. In 2019, the network will premiere new series Godfather of Harlem starring Forest Whitaker, Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred, from DC, and Perpetual Grace, LTD starring Sir Ben Kingsley. Launched in October 2009, EPIX is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
At EPIX, we value creative and innovative thinkers who want to join a team that's working to redefine television. To learn more about career opportunities with EPIX, please visit our website.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.