Vice President, Scripted Original Programming
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Vice President, Scripted Original Programming to support the original programming strategy for the network including the development and production of original series and short-form series for linear, broadband and VOD services.
• Foster a positive, success-oriented environment and serve as a leader that promotes creativity, innovation and the desire to be the best
• Work closely with the Executive Vice President of Original Programming on strategizing long term programming goals and communicating them to the creative and production community
• Create and manage external relationships with creative community in order to seek out, develop and/or acquire one hour dramas, half hour comedies and mini-series
• Take pitches and review with Executive Vice-President of Original Programming
• Oversee the development and production of scripted programming insuring quality material and timely delivery
• Work closely with internal and external entities to build production templates including co-productions and international financing
• Collaborate with EPIX departments on all relevant issues
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelors degree
• Strong existing relationships with creative community
• Experience in production required
• Team player
• Innovative thinker
• Articulate communicator
• Goal-oriented person with a drive to succeed and a burning desire to build and grow a business; both rational and intuitive
• Possesses an intimate understanding and experience within the world of scripted programming including production and business affairs
• An international co-production background is preferable
EPIX®, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred; Perpetual Grace, LTD, starring Sir Ben Kingsley; Get Shorty, featuring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano; spy thriller Deep State; and docuseries NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; and PUNK from John Varvatos and Iggy Pop; as well as upcoming premieres of new series Belgravia, from Julian Fellowes; docuseries Slow Burn, based on the hit podcast, and Laurel Canyon. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.